“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
The past week has been full of so much love and adventure that it got me thinking about the people who make me feel like I walk on magic, who make me feel like the entire world is mine when they are around me, who bring me up when I am down and who make my life even more fantastic just by being part of it. We all have those people in our lives. Sometimes they are part of our family, sometimes they are part of our friends, and sometimes they are our partners in life. I have been lucky enough to have people that make me feel like magic in all those categories, but somehow this week that magic has been brought to a different level. From random messages from different people to spontaneous adventures, the magic is real.
Here are a few things that always remind me of the magic in my life and make me feel grateful for the people who make me feel like magic every day.
- They always pick up the phone or if by chance they don’t, they always call back. It doesn’t matter why you’re calling, whether it’s good or bad news, whether you call to actually say something or to say nothing at all, but just to hear their voice, they’re always there on the other side of the line listening, laughing, crying with you if needed.
- They never find excuses for why something didn’t happen or can’t happen, but instead they find solutions or they put things in place and even when things do turn out to be impossible, they still make you feel like magic.
- They never make you doubt their love. There are not games…well except for the fun ones. They never make your wonder if they love you because they either say it all the time or they do things to show you they love you. Whether it’s a bear hug when they see you or they just look at you in a way that shows how much they care.
- They walk on magic too. You can’t make someone feel like they walk on magic if you don’t walk on magic yourself or at least not for long. After all you can only lie your way through it for so long. But the real people who make you feel there’s magic all around, they walk on magic too whether they realize it or not.
- They make your day better just by being there. They don’t really have to say or do anything; they just have to be there to make your day better.
We all have people in our lives that bring magic to us and we all bring magic to someone’s life every day, and as Nora Roberts said “Magic exists. Who can doubt it, when there are rainbows and wildflowers, the music of the wind and the silence of the stars? Anyone who has loved has been touched by magic. It is such a simple and such an extraordinary part of the lives we live.”